top of page

Certification of energy efficiency

From 1 June 2013, according to the provisions set out in European Directive 2002/91/EC on the certification of energy efficiency, it will be compulsory to provide an energy performance certificate (EPC) for any house, flat or business premises that are for sale or to let.

Do I need an EPC?

If you have a property for sale or to let in Spain you need an Energy Performance Certificate

What information does the EPC include?

  • Information on the energy needs of your property and its CO2 emissions.

  • Rating of your property on a colour scale from A to G.

  • A report with suggestions and recommendations to optimize energy performance.

How can I obtain an EPC?

The energy performance certificates are issued by the Autonomous Communities accordance with Royal Decree 235/2013 of 5 April.

In order to obtain one it is necessary for a certifying technician to carry out an energy assessment of the building and draft a report for the Institut Català de l’Energia (ICAEN). This organisation will review the file and supply the paperwork and energy performance certificate, which will remain valid for 10 years.



95 €

(not including VAT)

Single-occupancy houses: 

149 €

(not including VAT)

The price includes:

  • A certificate of energy efficiency.

  • Certificate offset (*).

  • Drafting of the document.

  • Delivery of the certificate

(*) Displacement included in the following counties: Garraf, Barcelonès, Baix Llobregat, Baix Penedès, Alt Penedès. For other destinations check prices.

bottom of page